Thursday, January 5, 2017

Funny What We Remember

    I wouldn't know how old I would have been exactly.  But I do know my brother Charlie was in elementary school as well because he was old enough to follow directions and so was Colin (to a point).  Maybe I was 8 or 9.  I know my love of theater was already instilled in me and I also loved performing.
    Anyhow, I tell you this my readers because my earliest childhood memory consists of a fall that would have been my first performance of an original stage musical.  To set the scene, my parents had gotten together with family friends who had long since moved out of the area.  They lived on an acre of land that looked like a farm (though they owned non of the animals except two dogs and maybe the chickens.  My parents got together with this family on a yearly basis to pick sweet corn. This particular year Charlie, Colin, and I were playing with the older girl Anna.  I got the idea that we should take our play and try to remember and play it for the adults. I can't remember what exactly the plot of the play/musical was, but i seem to recall that it involved time travel.  And we had fun and the parents enjoyed it.
    Funny what we remember.

No comments: