Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Writer's Wednesdays: March 6th, 2013

So, with the need to create, I've decided to try a few things. Therefore, I've come up with Writer's Wednesdays. Every Wednesday starting today, I will add prompts, story starters, my inspirations, my first-line opening ideas, and various other things regarding my writing. Hopefully, I'll get feedback and continue the story I might have started here. This WW, the Prompt comes from
Write about a possession that holds special meaning for you. The objective of this prompt is to encourage you to use descriptive details in your writing; the reader needs to be able to visualize this object. But you also must write about why this possession is so important to you. Which will force you to expand your writing beyond the descriptive, into the emotional connection. So in writing about this object, you may wind up writing about a particular moment related to the object. Even a full scene. If you don’t have an actual object dear to you, well, then just make it up! Make up something about that chipped old mug you’ve had on your kitchen shelf for ten years!

No comments: